Sunday, May 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Floral Friday

Todays flowers are mostly yellow with a blue guest. I'm contemplating adding yellow to my color theme because, well, blue and yellow look so happy together. First up today is Buttercup, pictured below, which is representative of childishness, which, well, if you know either Andre or me, you know that although we're legally adults, we will always be children at heart.  By the way, if this looks different than the Buttercups you're used to, that's because it's a Persian Buttercup.




Our next yellow contender is Lesser Celandine. I don't know exactly why it's lesser than any other celandine, however, it is pretty and it's meaning, of forthcoming joys, is also very nice.



The last of our yellow blooms today is one I'm sure you're all familiar with, the Dandelion. While most people think of it as a weed, if you knew it represented happiness and faithfulness, you might think twice before ripping it out of your yard. Plus, it's a very cost effective addition to any bridal bouquet.



The blue blossom I promised earlier is the Forget-Me-Not. This precious perennial supposedly embodies true love, memories, and hope. What bride could possibly go without that on her wedding day? Not me!



Buckle up!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment