Sunday, May 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Traditional Sunday

There's an adorable German wedding tradition I just found out about, but it's too late to do it... In Germany when a couple has a baby girl, several trees are planted in her honor. When the wedding date is set, the family sells the trees for her dowry. Since my parents never told me about any trees being planted in honor of my birth, I'm assuming this tradition is a bust. Well, that, and nowadays, there isn't really a dowry anymore, at least not in the German and American cultures.


A pretty cool tradition that I hope our German friends are planning is the creation of a wedding newspaper or magazine. Apparently the friends and family of the engaged couple put together a little magazine or newspaper type of thing and sell it either at the Bachelor/Bachelor-et parties or at the reception to help the newlyweds pay for their honeymoon. I'm interested in this tradition, not because of the money, but because of the keepsake we'll have. This is a tradition that I think should be used in America as well. Maybe a bridal shower gift of sorts?

Here is a photo of one done to look like Cosmo:



Buckle up!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment