Sunday, April 11, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Floral Friday

While planning my wedding I have to take flowers into consideration. Not only can they be a costly part of the ceremony and reception, but they kind of make or break the feeling of the day. A bride has so many things to take into consideration when choosing flowers; what's in bloom on the wedding day, what are my wedding colors, real or fake, etc.

One thing I haven't heard any brides considering is, what does it mean? We all know that different colors of roses symbolize different feelings, but did you know pretty much every bloom has it's own symbolic meaning?

Floral Friday's will explore the “meanings of flowers”. Wait, that sounds better in German: “bedeutung der Blumen”. Of course I'll be concentrating on the flowers I will most likely use, but I will also include flowers that I think other brides should consider.

Below it the flower from the Yucca plant, commonly referred to as Adam's Needle, and symbolizes Best Friends:



Next up is Arbutus, another lovely white flower. This one means “I love only thee”:




Our first blue flower today is Flax, which symbolizes domesticity and kindness:




Our last flower for today is Primrose, when in blue, this bloom means “I can't live without you”:




That's it for today, check back next week for more meaningful flowers.

Buckle up!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment