Thursday, April 1, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Thirsty Thursday: Blue Drinks

Since I've been a busy bee in regards to being a new bride to be, I've noticed through my research that many couples (especially if on a budget) cringe at the thought of the open bar bill.  Some savvy savers have come up with ideas to cut costs, but still supply spirits for their guests.  One of my favorite ideas being "signature drinks".  The couple hosts and "open bar" of wine, beer, and their signature drinks, and everything else is there and available, but becomes a "cash bar". 

Seeing that some members of my family, myself included, like to party on special occasions, I find this a brilliant idea!  While I plan, I will be doing trial runs of some blue beverages to offer my guests, and I thought I'd share them with you.  Once I decide on an accent color, I'll be testing some of those recepies too.  Tonight will be my first night of official "research" on this matter, and I will post my findings in next weeks edition. 

In the meantime, however, here are some pics of drinks that look lecker! (that means tasty in German)


This one is basically just sparkling wine with blue Curacao, but I've heard of some people putting pop-rocks or rock candy in the glasses before filling them.



I don't know what this one is called, but I love the starfruit on the rim, very cool!



Here is the recepie for the last one, it's called "The Something Blue" drink.

•2 oz Hpnotiq
•2 oz white wine
•1 oz ginger ale
 
I'm gonna have to try these out!  :-)  If you have any blue drink tips or recepies, pass them this way!
 
Buckle up! (but take a taxi)
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment