Sunday, April 11, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Wedding Song Saturday

Throughout my research so far, I found out there are more than just a couple songs I have to worry about... I thought there was my walk down the aisle, my walk “out” of the ceremony, the father daughter dance, and the first dance as husband and wife. I hadn't given any thought to processional and recessional music for the guests and bridal party, a cake cutting song, last dance, etc. Now I find out there's a reception entrance song, a bridal party song, a unity candle song, an interlude, a prelude... AGGGHHHH!!!

I love music, but this is getting out of control fast! And then at some point I will have to make the decision of having live music or a CD for the ceremony, and a live band or a DJ at the reception. I think I want to do it like one of those museums where you get headphones when you come in, and depending on what room you're in, you hear exactly what everyone else hears, and you can choose your own language. I'll make a playlist, and everyone will wear headphones, and I'll have the control.

While I'm not sure exactly what I do want, I know for SURE what I don't want. There will be no Electric Slide, no Macarena, and no “Duck Dance”. There, I got that out in the open. I am, however, open to the Hokey Pokey. :-D

Thanks to The Knot, I have a few ideas, although, in the long run, Andre and I are going to have to sit down and decide on a few things, like first dance and whatnot. Even though the wedding in America is “my” day, it is OUR “first” dance. Hmmm, I'll have to look into the German dance tradition... Check back later for the Traditional Sunday post about dancing at German weddings.

Below is a list of songs I'm currently considering for the ceremony itself. When exactly they'll be used, or if at all, is still up in the air, we are over a year away.

“Once Upon a Dream” from Disney's Sleeping Beauty
“So This is Love” from Disney's Cinderella
“A Dream is a Wish” also from Disney's Cinderella
“Love Will Keep Us Alive” by The Eagles
“Young at Heart” by Frank Sinatra

If you have any suggestions, or opinions, please leave them below in the comments section.

Buckle up!
Amanda

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the one from Rogers n Hamerstiens Cinderella??? mom

Post a Comment