Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Movie Monday

Dear Readers,


I think I'm going to ditch Wedding Movie Monday simply because I've been having trouble finding really good wedding movies. Most of them are just fluffy “chick flicks”. If you do happen to know of any good ones, let me know. The last one I tried to watch was “Monster In Law”, and even my computer didn't want to see it all the way through, and decided to keep me from seeing the second half of the movie. It's probably a good thing too...

So, what I thought was maybe I'll just make it Movie Monday, and write reviews about movies I've seen recently. I may also end up replacing Wedless Wednesday with something wedding related, a switcheroo of sorts.

The most recent film I saw was “Date Night” with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. Since I'm a fan of both of their styles of humor, I found it quite amusing. Sure, some of the action sequences were ridiculous, and Carell's “Maxwell Smart” approach to the stunts was missing, but the dialogue was spot on.



Some of my favorite moments involved Tina being the “every-mom” and counting to three, as well as their little game of “what's their story”, which involved them deciding the story behind other couples in the restaurant and creating humorous dialogue for said couples.

Another aspect of the film that made it so enjoyable for me was the actors' ability to go beyond absolute silliness. Some moments, including their disguises, were a subtle nod to Python nonsense-ity. In all, there was witty repartee, slapstick, goofballary, and a lot of fun for a comedy lover like me. Action, comedy, and romance? Sign me up!

Buckle up!

Amanda
 
P.S.  Marky Mark is shirtless throughout the entire film, if you're into that ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment