Sunday, April 11, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Floral Friday

I have been really inspired by what flowers symbolize or “mean”, and I'm quickly becoming obsessed with having exactly the right combination of flowers in my bouquet, if it's at all possible that time of year to get all the flowers I'd like to have. Todays blooms have some rather beautiful, and possibly, surprising meaning.

First up is the Peony, which I for one was surprised to learn represents a “happy marriage and a happy life”. Sounds like the perfect addition to any bouquet, especially if you're colors are any shade of pink:



I had never seen or even heard of a White Violet, and then I found out it means “let's take a chance”, and now I'm convinced it MUST be a part of my floral arrangement:



Yarrow is another bloom that bounced into my life for the first time this week. It's symbolism of “good health” and variety of color is a plus, and it can also take the place of Baby's Breath or Queen Anne's Lace as a filler in center pieces.



Last, but not least, is Zinnia. I found many “meanings” for this blossom. Pink Zinnia mean “lasting affection”, red represents “constancy”, white symbolizes “goodness”, yellow is “remembrance”, and a mixed bouquet or arrangement is for “thoughts of an absent friend". If one is paying homage to family and friends that could not be at the wedding because they've gone to a better place, what could be better?



I hope you learned as much as I did today...

Buckle up!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment