Sunday, April 11, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Wedding Song Saturday

One aspect of the wedding that I am most looking forward to planning is the music. Many brides just chose the typical “Here Comes the Bride”, “Cannon in D”, and the “Wedding March” for their big day. That's way too traditional for me, and Andre.

Thanks to bridal forums like The Knot, I have noticed that many modern brides are mixing it up and having fun with their walk down the aisle. I have thought about “So This is Love” from Disney's Cinderella, and “Once Upon a Dream” from Disney's Sleeping Beauty, but I never thought about having a string quartet play a contemporary song of my choosing.

Since both Andre and I are fans of classic rock music, and thanks to the discovery of the Vitamin String Quartet, (thanks Knotties!), here is my funny pick for Processional/Bridal Entrance music:

AC/DC Cover by Vitamin String Quartet

We'll probably go with something a little more wedding appropriate, but Andre and I were laughing our butts off thinking about walking down the aisle to that song!

Buckle up!
Amanda

1 comments:

Liesl Roeder said...

Hey Amanda, great blog! I just thought I'd chime in on your wedding music entry and the different types of music you can use.

When Jerry and I were married, the processional was from the Sound of Music (since my name is Liesl and I was named after the movie/story) :), our "song" was Valentine by Martina McBride (a contemporary country artist), and our "exit" was to Van Halen's "Dreams."

It just goes to show that just about anything from classical to contemporary country to downright rockin' rock can be used in the same ceremony!!

Enjoy this wonderful time, it's magical and you will always look back on it with fondness. Best of luck to you both!

Post a Comment